Mar 8, 2009

Gratitude on a March Morning

Today I am grateful for the wild parrots outside making me smile; the two 9 year old girls asleep in my bed; the man with whom I'll be living in 2 weeks; the house that I own and will cry to move out of; the sunshine in California March; the little baby I held yesterday while he slept; the books filled with words that build my soul and that need to be packed quickly into the boxes I don't yet have; the woman who leased my home because she'd prayed for a house with fruit trees and wept when she saw my yard filled with citrus; my daughter's best friend who sobbed and hugged me tight when she learned we were moving away from her; the wonders of AA which brought my soul-mate and me back together after 20 years; and the houseful of children that will be my new home.

No comments: